Twenty and thirty somethings at Second Presbyterian Church gather regularly from all walks of life. We are an open and inclusive group that seeks to love each other, our neighbor, and our God just a bit more honestly and thoughtfully.
Some of us work in health insurance, some of us are teachers, some of us are in seminary, and some of us are studying to be doctors; each of us appreciate each other and the mission of Second Pres.
Our events are always changing, since we adapt to the season and what is happening around Richmond.
However, here is an example of recent activities:
- Grabbing lunch after worship on the first Sunday of the month.
- Relaxed men's breakfast (no agenda!), meeting on most Thursday mornings, Pop's Market on Grace, starting at 8 am.
- A Tuesday morning Science & Religion conversation/breakfast group meets periodically to discuss the interesections of science and faith. Currently we are meeting on Tuesday morning at 7:45 am - 8:45 am at Pop's Market on Grace.
Things we've done in the past:
- Music & Dessert through the summer, meeting at someone's house, with a combination of singing, listening, eating, and reflecting.
- a four week Film, Food, & Faith series where we watched a movie, ate dinner, and discussed what themes of faith we saw in the movie.
- an eight week bible study on the psalms with potluck dinner.
- cooking dinner for the CARITAS homeless shelter.
- A trip to the Virginia Museum of Fine Art Happy Hour.
- A women-only hike along the James.
If you would like to know more, please contact associate pastor, Kathryn Lester-Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-649-9148, ext. 16. She’d love to add you to the email list—and, more importantly, she’d love to grab lunch or coffee and get to know you!